About St. Paul's Lutheran
St. Paul's began her ministry officially in 1910, when the congregation was incorporated. Since that time, the parish has faithfully served the community of Tower City, ND.
Notable events in our history:
1904: First Lutheran services held in Tower City by the Rev. E. Zucker.
1904-1909: Lutheran services are occasionally held by Vicar T. Guknedt and Rev. Dr. J. F. C. Bonhoff.
July 21, 1910: St. Paul's Lutheran Church is incorporated as a congregation of the Iowa Synod.
1910: Former Baptist church is purchased for use.
1917: Congregation votes to stay members of the Iowa Synod.
1920: First English services are held.
1930: Iowa Synod merged into the "old" American Lutheran Church.
1946: Reorganization is attempted with Zion in Oriska; did not work out.
April 17, 1949: First service held in current church building.
1950-1951: Current parsonage is built.
1953: St. Paul's and Buffalo Lutheran begin their partnership.
Jan 1, 1960: The "old" American Lutheran Church becomes part of the American Lutheran Church (ALC).
July 21, 1960: Mortgage is paid off and the note is burned.
1982: Basement and sacristy are renovated.
Jan 1, 1988: The ALC merges into the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA)
March 2014: Parsonage has new windows installed.
How to Find Us
Who We Are
We are a Lutheran congregation affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA). What does this mean? We preach the Word of God, teach the Lutheran Confessions, give the holy Sacraments to those in need of them, and provide what we can to the people Christ died to redeem.
What is a Lutheran?
What is the ELCA?